Personal protective equipment (PPE) is any type of face mask, glove, or clothing that acts as a barrier between infectious materials and the skin, mouth, nose, or eyes (mucous membranes). When used properly, personal protective equipment can help prevent the spread of infection from one person to another.
GENERAL GLOVE QUESTIONS
- Are there different types of gloves?
- What's the best way to take off gloves?
- Can you use hand lotion under latex gloves?
- Why do some gloves produce brown stains when you put them on?
LATEX GLOVE ALLERGY
- What is Latex?
- What is a latex allergy?
- What are the different types of hypersensitivity?
- Who is at greatest risk for latex allergy?
- What are the symptoms of latex allergy?
- What can I do if I have a latex allergy?
- How can I reduce my risk of latex allergy?
- What is a cross reaction?
- What can you do to help relieve or treat Irritant Contact Dermatitis or Type IV - Chemical Hypersensitivity?
- How can you treat Type I - Latex Protein Hypersensitivity?
- Does glove powder cause latex allergy?
- Are powder free gloves completely powder free?
- Is there a limit on protein levels on latex exam gloves?
- How are synthetic vinyl gloves compared to latex gloves?
- How are other synthetic gloves compared to latex gloves?